Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spring in September!

Mmm, such a long time I've abandon, have been meaning to post but just lazy to type down everything..
Apparently I hadn't updated much of my happenings in Adelaide.. It's quite a busy semester in the first semester, making new friends, adapting to new uni life and also adapting to a new environment where I'm living wiht another person who has very different eating habits as me.. But all in all, tolerance and patience create harmonious living with occasional disruptions. due to .. erh.. my short temper.. lol! But I appreciate the life here, I really do... 众生无我,善乐随缘

Well, I've participated in the organizing committee of a Buddhist Youth Camp. & it was a wonderful experience. Learnt more about Buddha's Teachings through the camp & also the Dharma Classes I attended.. I especially enjoyed the talks presented by Master Jie Wen.. Quite lively and interesting.. Next time I will take notes and share with those interested.. Ahehhee..

In this second semester.. Life's great with a busy life. I have to take 5 units and is involved in the Buddhist Youth group. Just recently my Mid autumn celebration was celebrated twice! One was wiht the youths, where we parade from Unisa, thru Uni Adelaide, along Torrens River to Elder Park! and played fireworks there!!! ahehee... On the day itself, we celebrated it along with Adelaideans as there was an Asian week organised by the council here at Festival Centre.. & I get to parade wiht the kids!! :)

One thing about hanging out with the Aunties and Uncles in the temple is, I get to eat SEAFOOD-crabs and prawns and fish with them!!!!!! I miss these food!!!! ps.. I don cook seafood here.. damn expensive. and my housemate is allergic to them.. so no point cooking and eating alone..

It's hari raya soon.. I did try to puasa the last two weeks since my malay friends are puasaing. n i dint prepare my lunch.. unfortunately, my breakfast was not heavy enough nor was I strong-willed enough, my poor stomach growled throughout the lectures!! haih.. I'm really in awe of the malays for being able to withstand hunger and thirst during puasa period..

Next week, I will b in the organizing committee for a Buddhist Children Camp in Adelaide Hills.. wooo!! I;m so gonna have fun (hopefully my program was touching and memorable enough)!!!

It's spring!!!!! n i love it!!!

4 comments:

  1. don't u know that my sis is too lazy to update her blog that she only do it once in a blue moon? she will surely abandon the cbox even if she has one.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds busy ah u!

    and and and and

    YOU SLIMMED DOWN!

    ReplyDelete